You may not be getting all of the Scoop notifications, with Facebook’s new Algorithm
by Frankie S. Abbruzzino, The Uncensored Report
Facebook has changed their news feed algorithm once again, which gives more weight to friends and family and less to publishers like The Scoop. These changes may mean less news from us in your Facebook feed.
I was at Publix today in the checkout lane and the individual in front of me ask if I was still publishing The Scoop. I said yes, every day. Her response was one of surprise because she has not seen any post in her news feed, like she has in the past. That isn’t really a surprise to me because of the changes Facebook has made, individuals have to take action on the page they want to see and even then, Facebook is limiting notifications to about five a day.
At this point you have a few options:
- Visit the page you are interested in getting notifications on. My pages are The Venice Scoop, The Sarasota Scoop, The Englewood Scoop, The North Port Scoop and my national/international page The Uncensored Report.
- Hover your mouse over the “liked” button, just under the cover photo on the left.
- In your news feed, click see first
- Notifications, click on “on”
- Make it a point of going to the page and visiting it, versus waiting to be notified.
- Sign up for a daily email with links to all the threads, via my web site. There is an icon to the right, under my picture that states “Receive Daily Emails with the Latest Articles”
I hope this new information helps you stay in touch with The Scoop.