Why Microwave Popcorn Is An Absolute Health Nightmare
If you or someone you know is still eating microwave popcorn, listen up! I can’t tell you how many countless times I used to eat microwave popcorn when I worked in an office. My co-workers would buy one of those packs from the vending machine in the break room and pop that sucker right into the microwave and the whole floor would smell DELICIOUS! I just couldn’t help myself. It was the one thing in the vending machine that always had to be refilled week after week – way before the stale peanuts.
I’m so glad I stopped that habit, when I finally gave up my use of microwaves, because let me tell you, this stuff is horrible for your health and here’s why…
The bag almost all microwave popcorn varieties come in is lined with perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA). This chemical is the same toxic stuff found in teflon pots and pans. It can stay in the environment and in the human body for long periods of time. This chemical when heated has been linked to infertility, cancer and other diseases in lab animals. No long term studies have been conducted on humans, but the EPA lists this substance as a carcinogen.
Here’s a snapshot of several popular popcorn brands and the ingredients they contain.
Read the rest of this story, just click here: Why Microwave Popcorn Is An Absolute Health Nightmare
FAIR USE STATEMENT
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Memory Hole (“the site”) is making such material available in an effort to further understanding of political, social, economic, and scientific issues, etc. The site asserts this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.